Saturday, June 29, 2024

A killer pool!!??? C'mon....wtf... (Night swim 2024)

 

Alright, settle in horror movie aficionados, because I've seen it all. Possessed dolls? Been there, tossed them in the fire. Malevolent toaster? Laughed, buttered my toast. But a killer swimming pool? Night Swim? Come on, folks. Did Hollywood run out of original haunts?

I was expecting chills, maybe a little existential dread. Instead, I got chlorine-scented boredom. This movie is about as scary as a kiddie pool. The only chills came from realizing I paid good money to watch people argue about the upkeep of a possessed backyard amenity.

Don't get me wrong, Wyatt Russell always does a good job, even if he is stuck treading water (pun intended) with this script. But seriously, a haunted pool? Couldn't they have at least thrown in a murderous pool floatie for some pizazz? This movie is about as deep as a puddle after a summer sprinkle. If you're looking for scares, take a relaxing dip in your own bathtub. It'll be a more thrilling experience.


Other reviews 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment